• 72% of the Deciem Addicts love it
  • 72% of the Deciem Addicts saw an improvement in their skin
  • Targets
  • Uneven Tone
  • Signed of Ageing
  • Dullness
L-Ascorbic acid powder reviews
The polls featured on Instagram stories and you can see 72% of the Deciem Addicts love The Ordinary L-Ascorbic Acid Powder

The Ordinary L-Ascorbic Acid Powder Reviews by The Deciem Addicts and the moderators of the Facebook Group.

  • What is The Ordinary L-Ascorbic Acid Powder & what does it do?
  • When & how do I use The Ordinary L-Ascorbic Acid Powder?
  • Which products does L-Ascorbic Acid Powder conflict with?
  • What is the best serum to mix L-Ascorbic Acid with?
  • Reviews of The Ordinary L-Ascorbic Acid Powder
  • FAQs L-Ascorbic Acid Powder
  • Reviews of The Ordinary L-Ascorbic Acid Powder
  • Similar products to The Ordinary L-Ascorbic Acid Powder
  • Prices: 5.80$ | 4.90 GBP | 9.80$ AUD | 5.80€
  • This page is a quick guide. Please always read the official page for more information and ingredients before using it.

What Is The Ordinary L-Ascorbic Acid Powder & What Does It Do?

Deciem´s simple explanation. 100% L-Ascorbic Acid Powder is a very fine powder (that comes with the cutest little spoon) which targets uneven tone, signs of ageing and dullness. This powder can be mixed into any of your treatments (that are not highly acidic, contain Niacinamide, peptides or EUK 134) for a boost of Vitamin C. As with any highly concentrated pure Vitamin C, a tingling sensation is to be expected. ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣

What skin concerns does L-Ascorbic Acid Powder Target?

  • Uneven Tone
  • Signed of Ageing
  • Dullness

How & When Do I Use The Ordinary L-Ascorbic Acid Powder

You can mix a small amount of this with other treatments (excluding the conflicting products below) in your hand and then apply to your face. This can be used in the morning or evening. A tingling sensation can be expected. It is advised to patch test too.

L-Ascorbic acid powder reviews
72% of the Deciem Addicts say it has improved their skin

Which products can I mix with L-Ascorbic Acid?

Deciem often recommends mixing this with The Ordinary Resveratrol 3% + Ferulic Acid 3%. You can mix this with many other serums as long as they don´t conflict, hyaluronic acid, marine hyaluronics, your moisturizer. (see faqs below).

Which Products Conflict With The Ordinary L-Ascorbic Acid Powder

As mentioned above you can mix this powder with your other products except for the following;

  • Peptides Buffet | Buffet + Copper | Matrixyl | Argireline |NIOD CAIS | NIOD CAIL | Hylamide Sub Q Skin
  • EUK 134 Antioxidant
  • Niacinamide
  • Highly Acidic Products
  • Retinol
  • Whilst they are not listed as "conflicts" Deciem recommend avoiding using acids and retinol in the same routine.
L-Ascorbic acid powder reviews
69% had no problems at all using this product.

The Ordinary L-Ascorbic Acid Powder Reviews

Let's hear what some of the moderators of the Deciem Chat Room have to say about L-Ascorbic Acid. You can find Tracy, Nia & Rachael on Instagram where they talk about much more skincare and make up brands.

Tracy  Ascorbic Acid powder is so far my favorite Vitamin C product in the Deciem lineup (and I've tried a few) I can feel it working giving my skin a nice glow in the mornings I use it. My favorite part is the "mad scientist" moment I get mixing my powder with my serums. It took me a while to get the right consistency but now that I have it down pat, I can't imagine using anything else

Nia  100% L Ascorbic Acid is my favorite vitamin C product. It's adaptable, cheap, and always fresh. One jar lasts for months.

Rachael Ascorbic Acid Powder is my favorite treatment of all the skincare I've tried. Mixed with an antioxidant, you glow.
Makes other vitamin c products obsolete.

Reviews by the Deciem Addicts

You can read more reviews, comments, or leave your own review here in the Facebook Group. Here are some of the comments.

NMRP says:  I love it! Mix this every morning with TO ha+b5. On my third pot. I have rosacea and when I have a flare-up I have to pause this or diminish the amount of powder. But it works great on overall skin appearance and brightening the skin.

ES says:  Hated it at first, but after watching a few YouTube product reviews I realized I'd been using way too much. The scoop provided isn't a great measure of how much you need- start with just a fraction of that. I blend it into another oil-based antioxidant serum and apply it lightly. Great product!

LA says: The Ordinary L-Ascorbic Acid is absolutely amazing! The best The Ordinary product I own. My skin is so soft after using this.

AW says:  I mix my L-Ascorbic Acid with rosewater and then top it with The Ordinary Rose Hip Seed Oil to seal it in and prevent it oxidizing. It made a huge difference to my acne when I started it. It feels like it's mildly exfoliating.

KS says: I accidentally used this initially with niacinamide and had the worst burning reaction.  But I love it now and use a quarter of the scoop with jojoba oil every other day. I have hyperpigmentation and this has really helped to noticeably brighten my skin tone.

CM says:  I love L-Ascorbic Acid Powder so much! I mix it with Resveratrol & Ferulic Acid. It's a huge help in fading acne scars, brightening up the skin. I can feel my skin getting softer and supple.

Read more reviews on Facebook

FAQs

These FAQS have been answered by Deciem on Social Media.

Which serum would be the best to mix with L-Ascorbic Acid Powder? You may wish to explore The Ordinary Resveratrol 3% + Ferulic Acid 3%. This formula combines very high concentrations of two of the most powerful and important antioxidants in skincare. Resveratrol and Ferulic Acid helps support the skin's defense against oxidative stress caused by environmental factors that play a major role in the loss of visible skin quality over time. The benefits of topically applied resveratrol and ferulic acid are continuing and cumulative.

Can I use this with Glycolic Acid and Retinoid? If you wish to incorporate multiple Vitamin C's, Retinoids, and/or Direct Acids into your skincare regimen, we suggest using them on alternate evenings and waiting until your skin has adjusted to one before introducing another.

Can I mix L-Ascorbic Acid Powder with Marine Hyaluronics? Yes, you can.

What is the measure of the scoop that´s included in the jar? The exact measurement of the LAA spoon is 0.25 grams

Can I mix L-Ascorbic Acid Powder with the Hyaluronic Acid 2% +B5 serum? Is it a good combination? Yes, that´s a great combination.

I was curious if LAA powder would mix well with the Natural Moisturising Factors + HA? Yes, sounds great.

Can I mix The Ordinary L-Ascorbic Acid in with my cream and use twice a day? You can mix this in with your cream but we would suggest only using once a day in the evening.

Which of the Vitamin C products are best for a beginner? If you want a Vitamin C product that´s easy to use and has no conflicts then look at Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Ascorbyl Glucoside, or Tetraisopalmitate Ascorbyl.

Final Thoughts On L-Ascorbic Acid Powder

L-Ascorbic acid powder reviews
67% of the Deciem Addicts will be repurchasing this.

It´s clear to see that this is a well-loved product. 72% of the Deciem Addicts love it. 72% say it has improved their skin, 69% had no issues at all using this product and 67% of the Deciem Addicts will be repurchasing this product.

The Ordinary Vitamin C Guide

The Ordinary Vitamin C Guide

There are 8 Vitamin C products under The Ordinary brand. 5 Pure Vitamin C and 3 that are derivatives that have no conflicts. If you´re new to skincare, one of the derivatives would be a good option for you.

PURE VITAMIN C (conflicts)

  • Vitamin C Suspension 30% in Silicone
  • Vitamin C Suspension 23% + HA Spheres 2%
  • Ascorbic Acid 8% + Alpha Arbutin 2%
  • Ethylated Ascorbic Acid 15% Solution
  • 100% L-Ascorbic Acid Powder

VITAMIN C DERIVATIVES (no conflicts except Niacinamide)

  • Ascorbyl Glucoside Solution 12%
  • Ascorbyl Tetraisopalmitate Solution 20% in Vitamin F
  • Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate 10%

OTHER DECIEM VITAMIN C

  • Hylamide C25 Vitamin C
  • NIOD Ethylated L-Ascorbic Acid 30% Network